As long as you're happy - that's all that matters...

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rainy Days

Today was a miserable day, weather-wise. I pretty much spent the day curled up in bed, under the covers - however I was pretty constructive. I am on the hunt for a job, I hate to even call it a job, it's more like my career choice - I find the word job sounds so forced. This is something I want to do, somewhere I want to be. It's more than a job to me. Well anyway, as I am sending my resume in to a few places, I get a call....

Two months ago, I applied to a really great place, and today I got a call from the main person, and he asked if I was still interested, of course I said yes. I have an interview next week. I know I'm qualified and I have the education to back me up, but I can't help but get a little nervous. I have to choose the perfect outfit as well. I have a few ideas as to what I'm going to wear and people say that I shouldn't worry. Come on though, first impressions are make or break.

People see you and automatically judge. It's not right, but it's so true. It pisses me off too, when it comes to piercings and tattoos, they think if you've got piercings or tattoos you're some freak. I have tattoos, and I can perform the task at hand, therefore how I dress and if I'm pierced and tattooed should have no bearing on if I'm capable or not. Like the old saying goes: "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

I guess rainy days aren't so bad afterall...

No comments:

Post a Comment